Directed by Rosamunde Hutt, written by Simon Reade and with set design by Ti Green this is a Wonderland with a difference. Dusting off the Victorian setting Polka take a fresh look at the story to bring Lewis Carroll’s vivid dream world to life, bursting with original songs and music, stunning contemporary set and costume designs and plenty of imagination and humour for children aged 6+ and their families.
Top of the list of children's favourites since 1865, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland is a timeless tale about growing up. Audiences meet a very modern Alice, played by Ebony Feare; a curious, intelligent and fearless character who is finding out who in the world she is Exploring her attic on a cold winter’s day, Alice’s sister wants her to be quiet, her Mum wants her to stop eating sweets and no one wants to play. But as the White Rabbit appears, Alice's attic is magically transformed into a series of beautiful, strange and fantastical worlds.
Writer Simon Reade remains true to the original, with a gloriously funny and lively script full of mad, oddball characters and curiously strange occurrences!
Leave behind the cold winter afternoons, tumble headfirst down the rabbit hole and enter a world where Alice learns to find her own voice and be courageous. There will be magic, heart, jeopardy, slapstick and of course a song to sing on the way home.
Director Rosamunde Hutt said of the show: “It’s a great thrill to be creating a brand new production of this extraordinary book! Whether we are six or sixty the story weaves a fascinating spell. Come and join us as we travel through Wonderland with Alice and let’s hope we get home safe and sound by teatime!”
Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland plays at Polka Theatre from 22 November 2013 – 15 February 2014 for ages 6+. Tickets are £16 (concessions £11) and can be booked online at www.polkatheatre.com or by calling the Box Office on 020 8543 4888.
I have one family ticket to giveaway for the show in January - please see the Terms & Conditions below:
- One Family ticket equates to four tickets. At least one adult and at least one child.
- Polka has a strict age policy and children that are under 6 years old may not be able toattend the performance
- All tickets are subject to availability
- Tickets are available from collection at the box office on the day of the performance
- Tickets are only redeemable for the named show, and not transferrable to other shows
- Prize tickets are not redeemable on Saturday afternoon shows at 2pm or 2.30pm
- Competition tickets for Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland are redeemable on shows in January