Brush Up Your Oral Hygiene and Save Money in 2023

2023. The year everyone is looking for savvy ways to save money – from shopping pre-loved to growing your own and everything in between.

If there’s one thing that’s sure to hit the pocket it’s a dreaded trip to one of the dentists in Hertford and that’s if you can get an appointment. A filling will cost anything from £65 with the NHS to £250 privately, the hygienist from £50 (£85 in mine) and a tooth extraction anything from £65 to a whopping £370. 

DenTek are on a mission to help everyone take the best possible care of their smile and therefore reduce the likelihood of an unexpected dentist bill. 

Jennifer Hudson, Senior Brand Manager at DenTek says, “With the huge backlog of 43 million NHS dental appointments and soaring costs, it really pays to invest in the health of your teeth with a proper oral care routine. That means brushing twice a day, using interdental cleaners at least once a day and cleaning the tongue. Our message is “prevention is better than cure.” 

Although brushing your teeth may seem like a simple task, there is a proper cleaning routine to ensure teeth and gums are cleaned thoroughly. An electric toothbrush is well worth investing in if possible. They are more effective at removing plaque and bacteria from teeth and the built-in timers help you brush for the recommended time period.

77% of tooth decay starts between the teeth but only 31% of us clean between the teeth on a regular basis. A toothbrush alone cleans just 60% of the tooth. To hit the other 40% that the toothbrush can’t reach, oral hygiene products such as DenTek’s floss picks and interdental brushes are a must and my hygienist advised to try and floss at least 2-3 times per week, to try and improve the health of teeth and gums.

The tongue harbours approximately 50% of the bacteria in your mouth which can cause cavities and gum disease. The bottom line is that if you’re not cleaning your tongue, you’re allowing bacteria to have a home in your mouth so the cleaner you keep your tongue the better! Simply use your toothbrush to brush the tongue surface for 15-30 seconds after brushing your teeth.

Dr Quintus Van Tonder, Clinical Director at Zandielle Dental Clinic in Attleborough says, “Many common dental issues are preventable or at least delayable by cleaning your teeth and mouth effectively. Most people know to brush their teeth but too few include interdental and tongue cleaning. By adding these important areas to your oral hygiene routine you will save both your money and your smile.” 

So brush up your oral care routine for 2023 and be sure to “clean between” – your smile and your wallet will thank you!


Thanks to the team at Dentex, I have a sample of their floss picks and interdental brushes to giveaway to one lucky reader.

To Enter:

  • Fill in the Rafflecopter widget below to verify your entries
  • Please read the rules below
  • Closing Date: 19th February 2023
  • If there is no form hit refresh (F5) and it should appear
  • If still not working please check that your computer is running Javascript
  • Rafflecopter will tweet, like and follow on your behalf making it really easy to enter
  • Really want to win the prize? Come back every day for bonus entries via twitter
  • Terms and Conditions can be found in the Rafflecopter form below
a Rafflecopter giveaway

1 thought on “<strong>Brush Up Your Oral Hygiene and Save Money in 2023</strong>”

  1. I saw my dentist last week and she actually said to get some of these interdental brushes.. and then said to book a hygienist appointment.. Ours charges £69.. so if I booked that and added on the train fare to get there.. (my local dentists were all booked up so for the past 3 years I have been travelling to and from Colchester by train).. it works out eye watering. xx


Leave a Comment